Z Roofing & Waterproofing offers the top roof replacement in Miami, Florida with over 30 years of experience on the job. Our roofing professionals can help you determine which material to use for your replacement from asphalt to metal and everything in between.
Here’s how you know it’s time to replace your roof:
- Your roof is old. If your roof is more than 20 years old, consider replacing it. Chances are high that you’ve already made some repairs and that installation a replacement now will save you money long term, especially in the case of an emergency call.
- Shingles are Missing. The majority of rooftops in Miami-Dade County are shingled due to it’s affordability. However, constant exposure to bright sun, winds, and rain causes the elements of the roofing system to wear down over time. This can result in missing, broken, or torn shingles, which exposes the underlying roof membrane.
- The Flashing is Damaged. Properly installed flashing protects the roofing system joints from being exposed to moisture. Flashing can degrade over time, exposing the elements of the roof that hold it together. If that happens, costly repairs are on the way, so it’s best to avoid that.
- You Experience Water Damage. If a storm occurs and you see signs of water damage on the ceiling and walls of your house, it may be time to replace the roof. Check the attic immediately for holes. If water is leaking in, part of the rooftop system is damaged and needs to be fixed.
- You Find Animals in Your Building. If you come across animals in your home or business, chances are they slipped in through a hole in the roof. It’s a common occurrence in older systems and simply means that it’s time for a roof inspection to determine the best route forward.